Hotpoint WDM73a Starting Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a hotpoint WDM73A washer dryer. It's been tempramental since almost day one, but is now approx 3 years old and we are having problems getting it started.

Sometimes once the programme has been selected and you press the start button, it does not start. There is no beep to confirm the start button has been pressed. So it is as if you have not pressed the start button. Other times it will start ok.

Any advice would be welcome, as I'd prefer not to have to get an engineer out.

Sponsored Links
Hot favourite is the door lock. the machine will not start a programme until the programmer has had enable voltage from the door interlock telling it the door is closed.Over time the connection in the interlock deteriorates and it becmes intermittent whether it makes a connection or not. Having to push the door a bit harder to start it or reclosing/slamming the door is usually a good indication that a new interlock is required. Also make sure the latch hits the opening centrally when closing the door as sometimes the door slightly drops over time and misaligns with the interlock opening. If this has happened some little upward pressure on the door to re-align may cure the problem.

I took the front cover off and it seems that the rubber behind the button is deterioating (sp). So I've stuck a tiny bit of pencil rubber onto it and stuck it down with electrician tape.

Heh presto, it now works!! Gods knows how long for mind :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back