Hotpoint WF250 - no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hotpoint WF250. The water heating has packed up, and while investigating it appears the machine is also not taking hot water in from the inlet, only cold. Have swapped hot and cold water inlet pipes and machine cycles fine using only hot water (including rinces) so supply is good.

Questions:

1. When (which cycles) should the machine take in hot water?
2. Maybe the hot water solenoid is broken. How can I test it? It's not possible to swap signal cables between hot and cold solenoids as connectors are keyed.
3. Does anyone know what signals appear on the two solenoid wires when water is called for?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
You should find it takes in hot water on the 60 and 95 degree washes. The safest way to check the hot water solenoid is to unplug it and check its resistance using a multimeter set on ohms. It should read somewhere around 3000 to 4000 ohms. The solenoids are mains operated so it should have 240 volts across it when it is activated but it may not be activated throughout the entire filling sequence. If the machine has an economy button you need to try a wash with that turned off to check if it is heating the water.

Thanks for your reply Fidom. Checked for mains voltage across the hot solenoid leads, machine set to Fast Wash 60 degrees, and saw no voltage through the cycle; I can see 240v appear on the cold solenoid leads.

Have de-scaled the drum and heater seems to be working again so am back in business, but still puzzled about no hot water in.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back