HOTPOINT WM54 PCB ISSUE?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all thanks for looking into my post. My problem started 2 days ago when the missus tried to put a load onto wash, all that happened was the machine filled then just clicked over and over again and no matter where the control dial was set, no spin but water would drain away. I thought maybe the belt or bushes but when i took the case off bushes had loads left and belt was nice and tight motor turns buy hand so decided to take off pcb/timer, Now forward thinking i decided to take some photos of plug postion, but as i found out when i went to put it back together flash didnt work so cant make out where the plugs sit. ran machine with plugs to where i thought they where( more best/worse guess ) and machine now fills spins but dosent seem to drain fully or rinse from what i can tell so fingures crossed its just the plugs in wrong postion. If someone can guide me though would be very greatful as i have a 4 week old and the dirty clothes are starting to stack up.
cheers for any help/tips jim

Sponsored Links
Have you checked the filter. Does the pump make a humming noise. Does it fill with water on the rinse.

not yet as only last night when i put it back together will do when i get home, you wouldnt know the right order for the plugs by any chance?
not sure if its filling didnt run a test run till 1.30 am just as i went to bed but when i got up thius morning it was still really wet

Yes I do. But do the checks I said and go from there.

Sponsored Links
will do im heading home in the next hour so will pull it apart and post on from there. cheers

ive now stripped out the filter there was a couple of coins in there but not much else, pump motor itself is reading 166 ohms not sure if this is right or not but at least not open circuit so fingures crossed have taken both bushes out and have a fair bit on them not lumps out of them and contact face on motor looks and feels fine, belt still looks like new no cracks have retenstioned it, have just taken pcb back out and sprayed with contact cleaner will wait for it to dry reassemble and put it on for a test run.

have just put it on for the first test run machine starts cycle by filling, then just keeps making a latching noise from the pcb, but doing nothing else no noise's any where apart from this latching noise any idea's? cheers all for looking jim.

Just heard the machine now making pumping noise have felt waste pipe and it feels like its pumping away, still on program seems to be moving around program dial but no spin or movement at all from drum.

Have moved dial on as was on program E to end of program as nothing seems to be happening, too long spin on the end of E can hear pump running but nothing at all from motor/drum

have checked with top off machine the top bush has got 240v running to it. dose this mean it would be worth buying new bushes?

Check continuity from the plug motor wires to the first block on the pcb. One might have a break in it.

You my friend are a legand. I took off the plugs from the pcb to motor which have a black pvc rap on them, as i unwound it there it was the fourth plug wire some how had broken apart, out came soldering iron 5 mins and now its happly spinning away.
A big thankyou as money is very tight and with a new baby i would be struggling to find money for a new washer.

cheers jim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back