Hotpoint wm64 only spins slowly..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my Hotpoint Aquarius 1200 WM64, worked fine, but is now stuck on an intermittent slow spin, it does not speed up at, and when I turn off and change the programme, it stills continues in the slow spin mode.

I have taken off the drain hoses and cleaned etc.

any hints or ideas it must be the electronic control board? I am assuming it is not the brushes as it does turn over?.. any help or something I should try... besides buying a new one.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
I find that this sometimes happen if you are washing one heavy item like a bath mat. If you add some more items the fast spin resumes. Hope that this helps.

check the brushes, blow down presure chamber to clear blockage.

Changed the brushes... still stuck on very slow spin, spins very slowly 1 revolution... then stops for about a minute, then slow spin again..

What do I blow down?

something is stopping it going to the next cycle, but I do not know what that is she is now 1 week with out Washing mc.. and wants new one!

tonight will be the last attempt to fix, before getting new one at the weekend..

Sponsored Links
remove the lid and on the right hand side is a red presure switch attached to that is a clear tube dissconnect from the switch and blow down tube there should be not restiction on it ,if theres water in the drum you should be blowing bubbles to clear the gunge in it.

The tube is clear, blowing and sucking..

You can here the "switch" mechanism but the knob on the outside does not turn.
no matter where the switch is on the dial (wash program) it does the slow spin thing, here indoors is pushing for new one..

Spin another day looking for a replacement !!!

Thank you for the help and suggestions, last gasp.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back