hotpoint wma30 wont spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hope someone can help! Washing machine originally spun fine, then developed a very very noisy spin cycle and today the machine will not spin at all although it sounds like it is trying to. Machine drains/fills up no problem. Have tried to see if drum would move when empty and it wont budge without great force. Any suggestions and more importantly and costa associated eg chaging belt etc

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the bearing has gone.

On this model you have to replace the whole rear section of the drum which is around £80 in parts alone and its not a small job.

I did this job myself around 3 years ago. If it goes again i won't bother repairing it and will just replace the whole machine.

Remove the belt & try to turn it again, if it will still not move then it is drum bearings. If it is free to turn then motor jammed up, possibly just the brushes & not an expensive job to replace them unless the motor is goosed. Drum bearings more difficult for a diy repair, but not expensive parts if the bearings alone are available.

thanks guys, am gonna get someone to come and look at it this week, if its gonna cost a bit then maybe just replace it tbh, looking on currys website and some good deals out there!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back