Hotpoint WMT05 Wont Fast Spin

Sponsored Links
Spoke too soon. The brushes dont appear to be the same easy to remove and replace ones that I have had on previous machines. Am attempting to reproduce an image here but dont know if it will work. If not I will read up on the proper procedure.
CIMG1519.jpg

I removed the 2 screws but the plastic holder seems to extend round the end of the motor which, because I cant find my socket set, I haven't been able to remove yet. Does anybody recognise this type of brush and holder and if so could you tell me how to get the brushes out? Also, do I have to replace the whole assembly?

Found the socket set but now cant find the tensioning screw. Is there one?

Sponsored Links
I mean the bolt that you slacken off to allow the motor to move so that the belt can be taken off..

just a 13 mm bolt 2 of them. then motor pulls off ,no tensioning screw at all .

Thanks for the replies. How do you remove the belt and fit it again without a tensioning bolt?

belt just rolls off ,fitting is about the same place belt on pulley at the drum end and roll on to motor .

Thanks Rocks, you just saved me £135, the lowest quote I got for fitting new brushes (including 1 hours travelling time).

:eek: normal charge is £40.00 plus parts about £60.00 all in, wot a rip off.

Travelling time 1 hour 15 mins (30 miles each way) so not bad really.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back