washing machine dosen't fast spin.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello :eek:
my washing machine Hoover SE220 seems to be going through the cycle but does not fast spin at all. :cry: The motor does seem to be going for the fast spin but the drum does not turn.
Any ideas?
thanks

Sponsored Links
If you hear the motor spinning and the drum doesn't turn then I'd check the belt.
If you're hearing the pump and not the motor, check the carbons in the motor.

Sorry to dig up an old topic: We've just had ours fixed and it had exactly the same problem of not doing a fast spin. Eventually called the engineer from Hoover/Candy and he said that the motor had gone, so that was replaced. He also replaced the mains filter and the integrated control board. The total cost (inc labour as no longer under warranty) was about 250, although the 'replacement parts' were about 150 really.

Sorry to dig up an old topic:

so why do it?, sorry, but the post was made way back in 2006, and the OP only made the one post, save your time and only reply to recent posts where they will be of benefit

Sponsored Links
To Breezer: answering an old question can still help someone else searching a solution for the same problem.
I don't understand why you would want to discourage solutions to problems that have not yet been resolved, even if it's been years since the original post...

Read the date before you post comments . It's 4 years old .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back