Hotpoint WMA40 door won't lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
While using my Hotpoint Aquarius WMA40 it made a bang and stopped working. The drum was full of water.

I have drained it and checked all the waste pipes for blocks and changed the fuse. It will now switch on but won't go past the "door locked" stage.

Door locked light flashes and as a result, the machine won't switch on.

Any suggestions what I could do to try and find out if the sensor is broken (at the top of the door) or if this is to do with the handle mechanism?

I've tried putting some WD40 into the mechanism, but without any luck.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thank you jj4091.
I'll check this out tonight. I hadn't the appreciated the error codes could be shown in binary! Though I have six lights, whereas this chart only shows 4?
Looks like a door error, but I'll double check it tonight

Last edited:
Thank you for the fault code guide, however it does seem to be the correct guide for my Hotpoint Aquarius WMA40.

I do not have a "Super Rinse" button and also have six lights, rather than the four shown in the guides. None of the guides match my fault code - I'd indeed that's what it is, as I am getting 100000. With the 1 flashing

I

Sponsored Links
It's possibly the door lock assy. is faulty but the bang tends to indicate something on the control pub has blown. You could check the pcb visually for any burning but you would need to resistance check the door lock components with a multi meter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back