Hotpoint WMA62 Door Lock flashing after Motor replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I replaced my Washing Machine motor today after my wife had commented that it was very hard to turn the drum by hand after a wash.

For a few months now the motor had been making alot of noise on full spin and i knew the bearings were on there way out, When i removed the motor it is very hard to move the shaft.

When i had replaced the motor and put everything together the Door lock Light is flashing and bleeping 5 times. The door lock seems to be locking correctly i.e. When i close the door it is locking and when i switch of the mains after 20-30 secs it is unlocking.

As the original motor was working prior to being replaced i put it back in to check if i had been supplied a duff motor, The door lock is still flashing.

How can I find out what is causing the problem?

Regards Deet

Sponsored Links
Hi replaced the Door Lock today just incase, No change. The Door Lock flashes continuously and Beeps 5 Times.

I have noticed that the door does not unlock even if i switch machine off but leave it plugged in (even for a few hours). The door will only unlock if i unplug it (unlocks after 20-30 seconds)

Any help or ideas would be great.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back