Hotpoint wmf940 washing machine not filling with water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a hotpoint wmf940 washing machine, last weekend I changed the sink trap under the sink because it was leaking. So I connected the washing machine outlet pipe back onto the trap and did a wash. I came back intot the kitchen to find the washing machine display lights flashing with error code f 05. So I looked the code up and found that its a blockage. I took the outlet pipe off the sink trap and no water was coming out, this Was because the new
Sink trap comes with a plug in the end just incase it isn't needed which I hadn't removed. I then removed the plug and the water poured out. I then tried to wash the clothes again because they had been sat in water for a while but water would not enter the machine. I turned it off and left it overnight, meanwhile i searched the internet for possibilities. The first thing I did was change the water valve and then I changed the pressure switch, neither of these have worked so I'm stumped now.
There are no lights flashing now and no error code, the washing machine drum does still spin, there is a humming noise when water should enter and I have checked the filter for blockage

Any help would be much appreciated, I hope the description is understandable
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Screen_Hunter_128_Apr_03_18_18.jpg

:rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back