Hotpoint wmf940 washing machine not filling with water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a hotpoint wmf940 washing machine, last weekend I changed the sink trap under the sink because it was leaking. So I connected the washing machine outlet pipe back onto the trap and did a wash. I came back intot the kitchen to find the washing machine display lights flashing with error code f 05. So I looked the code up and found that its a blockage. I took the outlet pipe off the sink trap and no water was coming out, this Was because the new
Sink trap comes with a plug in the end just incase it isn't needed which I hadn't removed. I then removed the plug and the water poured out. I then tried to wash the clothes again because they had been sat in water for a while but water would not enter the machine. I turned it off and left it overnight, meanwhile i searched the internet for possibilities. The first thing I did was change the water valve and then I changed the pressure switch, neither of these have worked so I'm stumped now.
There are no lights flashing now and no error code, the washing machine drum does still spin, there is a humming noise when water should enter and I have checked the filter for blockage

Any help would be much appreciated, I hope the description is understandable
Thanks

Sponsored Links
If there's a humming noise that means the water is not switched on. Does water come out of the inlet pipe when it's unscrewed from the back of the mc.

The water feed is turned on and works fine. If I unscrew it water gushes out at quite a high pressure

Did you tilt the mc when you moved it. Cos it can upset the Presure switch. Was it a liner Presure switch you bought. Poss blue in colour.

Sponsored Links
Right. Pour one litre of water into the drum with mc switched on. Then unplug the pipe on the Presure switch for 1 min. Then reconnect see it it pumps out and fills.

I tried that. No water was pumped out and made a loud noise like it shouldn't really make

Is the pump running. It should have pumped that water out if not there's a blockage somewhere in the pump.

How would I know if the pump is running? Could there be a blockage because all that blocked it was water?

Undo the filter and look in the pump. Is the impeller spinning round. If you put water in the drum it should have pumped it out. Look at the pump first.

I've undone the filter and water is pouring out, obviously the water I previously poured in

It should have come out the waste pipe. You got a blockage somewhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back