Hotpoint WMUD 942p

P

Phill Peck

hi
Got the above washing machine.
Recently it has started to get a lot louder in full spin
I watched it on full spin and you can see the drum is moving a lot from centre.

I incorrectly thought it would be the belt.
The wrong one was sent but having taken the machine apart I don't think this was the issue.

There are 2 springs at the top and 2 what look like suspension tensioning bars at the bottom.

Is it likely these need replacing or should I just get a new machine

Sponsored Links
I didn't run it with the top off but I was surprised at how much movement there was in the whole "tank" I thought maybe the springs and tension bars had worn and were allowing excessive movement.
Looking in through the door on full spin 1400 the centre point moves by around 2inches from centre as it rotates and wobbly.

I fix boilers for a living though not washing machines so not sure how much movement there should be.

The machine was almost silent when we got it around 5 years ago.
John Lewis have the current version at £299 (£80 discount currently)

Sponsored Links
How could the machine become unbalanced?
Is that something that can happen by itself?
It's not the machine that gets unbalanced but the load you put into the drum. If you have heavy towels on the bottom & light things above it then the load will not centralise in the drum. I have not been able to find bearings for the model number you supplied which suggests it will probably need a complete drum assy. ( common with some hotpoint machines) making it an uneconomical repair. Or you could search using the PNC number which should be on a label somewhere in the machine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back