House about to be rendered, advice please!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, house about to be rendered this Wednesday. The old house render has been hacked off and bricks have broken and old black mortar been loosened etc. Plasterer says he can fill In all the holes left after hacking off with one coat of render, without dubbing out. Is this ok as lots of tradesmen have told me he will "dub out" first due to condition of bricks. I'm worried now that it isn't going to be done properly. Can anyone advise please?
Many THANKS.

Sponsored Links
Depends the depth of the holes to be filled, normal practice would be to block out all the deeper holes before scratch coat.

Thanks Ker-Plunk, some places are fairly deep, and plasterer hasn't been up scaffolding to see the extent of damage to bricks yet, so perhaps I'll ask him to dub out first if he doesn't suggest it himself. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back