House Insurance : Boiler Relocation

Boiler makers set the minimum clearance for their boilers internally,building control has nothing to do with it...just get the manual for the boiler you want fitted it will tell you the clear space required.

and yes 300mm is the external distance of the flue opening where it vents the combustion gases to the outside world to the nearest window or door.... the length of a sheet of a4 paper.

Sponsored Links
I'm no expert but sounds like a load of cobblers to me. What about boilers that are specifically made to be fitted inside kitchen wall cupboards?
It's not cobblers, it's the flue building regs.

It's not cobblers, it's the flue building regs.
What, that you must have a minimum 300mm gap between the edges of the boiler and an opening door or window or the FLUE outlet has to be 300mm from an opening door or window?

the OUTSIDE flue needs to have its opening - the hole where the gases come out of ie the end of the pipe - 300mm from a door or window...see the photo i posted. this is covered by building regs.

INTERNALLY on the inside wall the boiler needs as much clear space as the manufacturer states......this is not covered by building regs.

Sponsored Links
What, that you must have a minimum 300mm gap between the edges of the boiler and an opening door or window or the FLUE outlet has to be 300mm from an opening door or window?

No, a boiler manufacturer specifies in the install instructions, just how much space is required around boiler, between boiler case and the carcase of the cupboard. Mostly, it is to do with maintenance of the boiler.

Get another another engineer in to quote. A plume kit looks highly feasible to me, with the replacement boiler in the old location.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back