New Build Home - Boiler Venting Problem-Urgent Advise Needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have purchased a new build Charles Church / Persimmon Home. They origionally said before purchasing the house I could have my boiler located in different position 1200mm further down the wall than where was origionally planned, however the developers are now saying this contravens buildings regulations. I am trying to find out if what is being said is true.

Specifically, i have a kitchen with 3 x 600mm cabinets, cubboard number 1, currently has the boiler located with it, this cubboard meets two outside walls, the outside wall behind the 3 cabinets backs onto the neighbourghs drive way, cubboard number 1, meets the front of the house and is where the boiler is currently planned to vent.

The developer is saying that the boiler can not be relocated to cuboard number 3, and cubboards 1 and 2 are to be removed, this is to allow an horse shoe shaped kitchen to be achieved. I am lead to believe it is not illegal to vent from the relocated boiler in cupboard 3, this would be approximately 1200mm to the venting wall. I am guessing the venting pipe would run horizonally along the wall from the boiler in cupboard 3 to the outside wall, to the front of my new property, where the current vent is.

QUESTIONS are:-

1) can the boiler ventilation duct run 1200mm along the internal wall of the kitchen to its venting point at the front of the property?
2) if it is legal to do this, what regulation would it be under, as I need to tell the developer they are in breach of the rules and they have gone back on the origional agreement.

your help is very appreciated, please ask me any other questions.

Kind regards

Martyn

Sponsored Links
Depends what the make and model of the boiler is for starters.

And yes there are lots of regs as to where you can vent the boiler to outside.

A pic showing the planed position would be an idea.

you can vent a boiler to the front of a house providing its not with in 600mm of next doors boundary, so if you must have 600mm then your flue terminal, also it depends on the total length the boiler manufacture states. its fine to run internal flue providing its falling back to the boiler and its clipped up if its going tho an original flue possition cant see it being a problem providing it meets manufactures instructions best bet get hold of make an model of boiler an check instructions

Sponsored Links
The current position of the vent is on the front of the property, this is where the developer has choosen to place the vent, I have not asked for this to be moved.

i have asked for the boiler to be moved from its origional position in the cornerner next to the front window, to be moved down 3 cupboard 1200mm, ive tried to show this with the black arrow in the picture ive uploaded.

i have asked for them to have a 1200 mm internal pipe run from the boiler to the origional venting position on the front of the house.

i think they wud place the pipe near the ceiling of the house.

thanks for your replies, im really trying to get my kitchen redesigned as they agreed.

cheers all :D

I asked for the make and model of the boiler. :rolleyes:

It's impossible to answer without it.

So you only need a couple of D packs if allowed for THAT MAKE AND MODEL which we cant tell you until you tell us THE MAKE AND MODEL :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I have spoke to charles church this evening, and they are getting me the make and the model, I will have this tomorrow, as soon as i have it, i will post it onto this forum. All i know at the moment is its a new boiler, with a water tank on the first floor in an airing cupboard and a boiler in a cupboard in the kitchen, sorry about this.

Will get more information asap. and post it as soon as i have it on here.

Cheers everyone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back