Venting a boiler into a street

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, I’m renovating four terraced houses and am looking at where I can locate the central heating boilers.
Best place from a building perspective is upstairs on the street wall.....the houses front directly onto the pavement. My intention would be to vent horizontally at 300mm or so below the eaves.
Is this arrangement compliant or will I have to vent vertically through the roof.
Any advice will be gratefully received. Cheers

Sponsored Links
Dont see any problem with what you propose as long as they are not listed buildings in any way

Look up and down the road... Has anyone else done it? Where I work there are certain streets that have preservation orders that prevent any alterations to the front facade of the building. In most cases it is fine, but if you notice a severe lack of flues at the front of properties, contact your local planning office.

As for dimensions, check the manual for the boiler and consult with the heating engineer who will ultimately be doing the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back