Condensate pipe discharging onto pavement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of my neighbours (he's a small builder, bit of a cowboy anyway) has recently had a condensing boiler installed in his house with the condensate pipe (white plastic) and PRV (copper) discharging directly onto the pavement. [It's a terrace house with no front garden].

The condensate obviously leaves the pavement permanently wet - and lately icy, of course. That's pretty dangerous, IMHO.

Who should I approach about this idiot arrangement? Local building control? Environmental Health? CORGI?

Suggestions, please....

Sponsored Links
Roads, highways and pavements dep't of your local council for a start as it's causing a hazard to pedestrians or LBC.

The usual thing to do first would be to speak to him yourself.

If thats not possible then I would say that Building Control are the correct and best people to get involved. You could also point out to them that it does not seem to have been fitted by a CORGI engineer.

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back