Condensate pipe leak

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello there im hoping for some information as im completely clueless on this subject, my neighbour installed a boiler in the spare room of thier house and without asking ran an external gas pipe down the front of my property and the condensate pipe into my gutter pipe. About 3 months later i got new gutters and rough cast and the guys doing the work cut his condensate pipe from the gutter, i told my neighbour it was up to him to sort this out but now 6 months later the condensate pipe is leaking onto his gas pipe that runs down my property, im aware that the waste is acidic but how dangerous can this be as neighbour has clearly no intention of re routing the pipe, thanks.

Sponsored Links
It will rot through the copper gas pipe fairly quickly if the pipe isn't protected

Sponsored Links
Is there any serious danger of am i just being worried about nothing?

Is there any serious danger of am i just being worried about nothing?
As it's outside the danger of fire /explosion is miniscule unless it's close to a point of entry such as window or air brick the pipe will pin hole first but it will rot right through and does need addressed sooner than later they can rot in the matter of months

Who gave him permission to run the gas pipe down your wall?
Who did the work for him?
Do you know if the person doing the work was Gas Safe certified? (Doesn't appear to be, from what you have told us).
Tell your neighbour you have sought advice and that you believe his installation is actually illegal and putting people, (his family as well as yours), in danger and if he doesn't rectify it quickly you will have no course but to seek legal advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back