Could leak come from outside air vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My downstairs neighbour's ceiling is leaking in the centre of the kitchen and in the boxroom next door. There are no appliances directly above the leak. I had an emergency plumber sent out. He checked everything - the washing machine, kitchen sink, even the bathroom and cannot find the source of the leak. He said the next step would be to pull up my kitchen floor and inspect the pipes.
However, since he left I noticed the gutters outside are blocked (I am on the top floor). It has been raining really heavily on and off for a few weeks now and where the rain has been overflowing from the gutter there is a dark patch on the outisde of the building from the gutter, past my flat and down to the neighbours flat. There is an air vent and a gas pipe in the centre of this patch. Below the air vent, the patch is lighter. Im thinking the water may be running off the gutter and in the air vent, down the cavity wall and onto my neighbours ceiling. Is this possible? (Ive cleaned the gutters now).
Thanks,
Scarletpig

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back