Boiler leaking in heavy rain!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all! Just wondering if anyone can give any advice?

My boiler is leaking all over my kitchen everytime it rains heavily! Think the flue is taking in the rain!

The vents on the outside are sucking in air (and rain, I think) and the big outlet in the middle is blowing air out (see photo)

Could it be water running off the guttering above the flue and if so, is there such thing as a rain deflector that I could instal above it? Need to sort it myself really as can't afford to pay a plumber hundreds of quid to just come out and look at it!

Cheers!
[/img]

Sponsored Links
You think plumbers charge hundreds just to look? :LOL:
Get outside when its pi**ing down and have a look yourself as to how the rain gets in before a remedy can be suggested. No charge for that advice.

The chances are that either the seals around the flue have failed or boiler flue pipe is sloping inwards to your property, the pipe should slope slightly outwards to prevent the ingress of rain. It is not a good situation and could compromise the safety of your boiler.
Flues for boilers need to be installed by qualified engineers, unfortunately you are going to need to put your hand in your pocket.

wow I must move to cheshire...

I agree have a look from out side.. its probably a blocked gutter....or hopper...

no ones fault... just happens..

Sponsored Links
A client thought he had the same problem. Turns out there was a blockage in the downpipe that the condensing pipe was plumbed into.

I went to one like that!

The boiler was shutting down because the trap was over filling and activating the protective circuit.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back