boiler ventilation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Quick question I have a Potterton Kingfisher 2 CF50 in a cupboard in the kitchen, at the moment this has two vents out to the kitchen (one high one low) Then the kitchen has a big vent to outside the other end of the kitchen. My plan is to block the vent off in the kitchen and install a vent in the floor in front of the boiler. As we are on elevated floor this then vents straight to outside.

My question is the best place i have to position this vent is 3 inches in front of where the boiler sits. Is this ok?

CHeers

Sponsored Links
Your boiler needs two vents in a compartment, one high and one low.
If direct to outside the free area should be 88cm2 high and 176cm2 low.
Twice as much if inside as you've got.
You can't cross ventilate it so if you put a low level vent to outside you need to put the high level one as well and block off the existing.

The high level vent to room that is there I am leaving there ot os only the vent in the kitchen to outside I am blocking and replacing with a floor vent to outside inside the cupboard

Sponsored Links
The high level vent to room that is there I am leaving there ot os only the vent in the kitchen to outside I am blocking and replacing with a floor vent to outside inside the cupboard
the high vent will be doing diddly squat as it won't connect with outside air so its not included.

Well I have vents above the windows in the room that i can open for the high level vent

they are not permanent. Any ventilation needs to be permanent.

Well I have vents above the windows in the room that i can open for the high level vent

Nope sorry but you havent a clue about Gas appliance ventillation please do not alter anything without consulting a qualified gas engineer what you are proposing to do is potentially life threatening

Also any vents in a floor must now be ducted direct to outside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back