Boiler ventilation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
my boiler manual says cooling ventilation is required and should refer to BS 5440-2 as my boiler is enclosed in a downstairs cupboard.

the vent is in the suspended timber floor and there is air bricks around the house.
could the vent be through the cupboard door instead of to the outside?

(as its a bit of a chilly draught coming up through the vent !)

cheers
andy

Sponsored Links
This is a room sealed boiler which does not need any ventilation to the outside!

If you must put in inside a cupboard or compartment then it needs adequate ventilation.

The best solution usually found when its in a range of wall cupboards is to have an open bottom and top and 30 mm to laft, right and front of the boiler.

If you really must put it in a fully enclosed cupboard the it needs vents into the room above and below the boiler.

What exactly do you have in mind?

Tony

Sponsored Links
This is a room sealed boiler which does not need any ventilation to the outside!

If you must put in inside a cupboard or compartment then it needs adequate ventilation.

The best solution usually found when its in a range of wall cupboards is to have an open bottom and top and 30 mm to laft, right and front of the boiler.

If you really must put it in a fully enclosed cupboard the it needs vents into the room above and below the boiler.

What exactly do you have in mind?

Tony

the boiler was already in the cupboard and the vent was in the wooden suspended floor (about 150x150mm) but cus the underfloor is cold you get a draught coming up. i was thinking of closing this off and putting a vent in the cupboard door.
just wondered if this was ok?

You can close the floor vent.

What is needed at the boiler depends on how its fitted.

Its been like that ever since it was fitted!

Can you post some pictures of the boiler and where it is and particularly taken from above and below?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back