Potterton Kingfisher II in cupboard does it need an air vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Sorry to be a pain but I wonder if you can help me.

I called a service agent to service my boiler today, when he came he refused to touch it and said he should shut the gas off but wont as long as he was not requested to attend to the service.

I have some concerns which is why I am here

The boiler has been fitted before I purchased the house and is a full length cupboard in the kitchen. It has a chimney going to the roof and the door to the cupboard has vents in the top and bottom.

The issue with the location appears to be that there are no vents in the kitchen walls to the outside air except for 2 at the back of kitchen cupboards.

Can anyone confirm that I do need to put these vents in by law??
To put them in is a bit of a pain as there is not anywhere to put one.

Any help you guys can give would be great

Thanks

Rob

Sponsored Links
i take it this is open flue? he is probably concerned that you have little or no combustion ventilation. if he has been on the property he should have left it At Risk.

you dont have to put the vents in but you are putting yourself at serious risk of an incident if you dont.

If the two vents, which you mention, are being restricted by cupboards, then you do need a suitable, unrestricted vent, in the room where the boiler is sited. The open flue boiler pulls it's air (for combustion) from the room itself and, for your own safety and, I think, by law, that air must be replaced, within the room, via a suitable vent. If there is further building, ie, say, a conservatory, attached to the kitchen, this must also be vented to atmosphere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back