House prices paradox

Sponsored Links
Quote from the article "We are, in fact, a stunningly optimistic"...........they also think we will plenty of gold medals in the olympics :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We may well win quite a few gold medals (probably none on he track I bet)....but at the end of the day who really cares???

Sponsored Links
Until the average house price equals approx 3 x the average wage, then there is always going to be a paradox, or most probably a crash until this balance is met.

Until the average house price equals approx 3 x the average wage, then there is always going to be a paradox, or most probably a crash until this balance is met.

in some parts of the country house prices are on average 3 x the average wage....unfortunately in those areas, people don't earn anything like that sort of money.

I paid more in tax last year than my first house cost me in 1972.

We may well win quite a few gold medals (probably none on he track I bet)....but at the end of the day who really cares???

Cares about what?
:rolleyes:

Cares about how many gold medals "team GB" win at this years multinational sponsored consumption extravaganza.
I'd especially like to hear from Londoners after they've had few days of even bigger than usual traffic chaos, I bet those Olympic lanes aren't just for the benefit of athletes and officials while everyone else stews either.
The shiny arzed corporate sponsors will all be whizzing along them in their chauffered limos too.
I'll give it a week before they start getting bricked.

Cares about how many gold medals "team GB" win at this years multinational sponsored consumption extravaganza.
I'd especially like to hear from Londoners after they've had few days of even bigger than usual traffic chaos, I bet those Olympic lanes aren't just for the benefit of athletes and officials while everyone else stews either.
The shiny arzed corporate sponsors will all be whizzing along them in their chauffered limos too.
I'll give it a week before they start getting bricked.

Just done 2 months of work down in that sh*thole for the Olympics. Glad i'm out of there.
Roads were bad enough without this added inconvenience.

Think outside the box, me and thousands like me are not going to sell any houses at a loss, so we sit on them and let the rents pay the mortgage, instead of house prices tumbling, be prepared to have your pay packet increased as we come out of recession. Its happened before it will happen again, 1969 i was earning £10 a week!! my first motorbike cost £25, the gap between rich and poor is gteater now than in Victorian times, £325 billion quantative easing has got to go somewhere. i rest my case.

We won't be coming out of recession. We are going into depression. Every month we are borrowing more. It can't continue. The whole lot will crash before too long. With a government unable to borrow more money then benefits will have to be slashed - and that means housing benefit. That means property prices will crash.

Think outside the box, me and thousands like me are not going to sell any houses at a loss, so we sit on them and let the rents pay the mortgage, instead of house prices tumbling, be prepared to have your pay packet increased as we come out of recession. Its happened before it will happen again, 1969 i was earning £10 a week!! my first motorbike cost £25, the gap between rich and poor is gteater now than in Victorian times, £325 billion quantative easing has got to go somewhere. i rest my case.

People die, people have to move, if there is no upward movement in the market, then something must eventually give. I don't see much evidence of people sitting on property round us, there are load and load of for sale boards up, but very few sold signs. Also, the prices are dropping around us, but they're still unrealistic.

the rents pay the mortgage - the mantra of the slum landlord :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back