House Prices

"Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent"

Sponsored Links
johnny_t said:
I know people who have ben thinking for the last few years that the crash was coming any day, have held back from buying because of it, and find themselves in a worse place now than ever.

Here's another scenario though. Lets say my house is worth about £300k, and I have a £130k mortgage on it, costing £750 a month. Say I sold up now, I could probably rent somewhere very nice for £900 a month, so could in effect have 15 months rent free living with the equity and the equivalent of an extra £15k salary to boot.

Now obviously I have to keep paying rent forever, rather than be all paid up in 22 years or so BUT if the crash happens, I can then buy a similar house to what I live in now for, lets say £200k or less depending on how big the crash is, giving me £100k in pocket. I think you would need the proverbial balls of steel to embark on this plan, but does anyone see any pitfalls if a crash os such a certainty ?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Joe, I don't know about being half empty, your glass appears to have rolled off the table and smashed on the floor. Britain could be at the forefront of new energy technologies and exporting them to the rest of the world. Every cloud and all that. It is slowly happening.

keyplayer said:
Joe, I don't know about being half empty, your glass appears to have rolled off the table and smashed on the floor. Britain could be at the forefront of new energy technologies and exporting them to the rest of the world. Every cloud and all that. It is slowly happening.

You would have to prove the laws of science wrong for that to happen. No-one ever has. No-one ever will. The oil age is all but over. Take a look at how the price goes up and up and it aint stopping.

Take a read of this. http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

joe

Sponsored Links
joe 90 I'm gonna be gone a while reading all that. Very interesting. I've actually just sold my 4x4, so I'm looking for new wheels now [apart from my old morris minor]. Just fuel price alone is making me look at mpg as the main driving force[ great pun, won't deny it :LOL: ]. Rambling on I think that mankind is on a road to nowhere anyway, if this is what we do to the world then do we really deserve to be here?

Richardp said:
my god! what a miserable lot :cry: how's about we have a mass diynot suicide pack like those weirdy american religious sects.

*Gets first in line* I have had a sh!te of a day and am totally fed up :cry:

I'd like to disagree but I couldn't be bothered reading all that. I'll do it another day.

Tony and co have repeatedly warned .. " Do not rely upon property for a pension .."
There may be more to that than first meets the eye... be wary folks. Perhaps we should keep an eye on family movements of oil company execs ... When they all start pulling out to warmer climes ....... oooer ! You just know it is all gonna end in tears ... Too many have too much, a realignment is overdue !
:D :D :D :D :D

keyplayer said:
:LOL: :LOL: Seem to recall a PM...Wilson, I think ..........White Heat of Technology..AND that was when a Science Degree meant something :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back