House Renovation - Water Issues During Project

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My house is currently being renovated and it's currently at the stage where the underfloor heating has been fitted and screeded over. In some of the upstairs rooms, the flooring has been fitted (22mm water resistant chipboard) and a small amount of studwork has been built. The roofing progress has been slow and the recent bad weather has meant that the flooring screed has been saturated along with the chipboard flooring and some of the roof trusses. It's all open to the elements apart from the sections where breathable felt has has been nailed to the rafters ready to be tiled.

My concern is that the chipboard will be ruined and that the screed is never going to dry out at this rate (it takes ages to dry after being fitted as I understand it), not to mention the studwork and roof trusses.

Am I worrying unnecessarily or do you think more effort should be made to keep the rain out (I accept that it's not possible to keep it all out), e.g. using visqueen, etc.

Sponsored Links
Deffo an issue for the chipboard, less so for the trusses and screed if it’s not prolonged

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back