House To Garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear Sparky

I am learning this game hoping to get somewhere SHOCKING :LOL:, so please give me your best advice.

I have my very first project and now have to deal with the big boys E.ON or Central Networks whatever they choose to call themselves.

A close friend has a large garage that he use to work from (as a mechanic) at the back of his old house. He bought a new house and rented his old one, the tenants had a Pre-Pay meter installed. He hasn't used the garage for years so he never mind what the tenants did with the electrics.

Now he wants to rent the garage, but if the tenants don't top-up there is no power to the garage, plus all the issue of who burns what. So now he wants the garage on a separate meter. I called nPower they told me that E.ON has to do the split first so I contacted E.ON(CNs) and they sent me an application that seems totally irrelevant but I completed it and return it to them. Awaiting their response.

The garage is current running from the CU via a 40amps Isolator, with armoured cable to the garage about 30 meters. At the garage there is a fuse box which supplies three sockets, lighting and a compressor. I told him I will rewire, replace a Fluorescent, add a couple etc. plus a few bits to be added etc. OK so I have given the full picture here comes the questions.

If anyone had this experience what solution should I suggest to E.ON, do they do there own thing away?

I wanted a split and a larger rated isolator at the house then armoured cable to the garage where the meter will be installed, I would have to upgraded the current cable but that's fine.

If they have to run the supply to the garage themselves, has anyone got any idea of the cost?

Any one had to deal with these people and any price guides?

Where can I find acceptable priced armoured cable to do the job and conduit?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It seems no one has had to do this...
I got a letter from E.ON saying they will put a quote together and let me have it in seven days, they actually give a specific date. I will share the out come with the board just in case anyone else wants to do similar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back