House warmer 45

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi hope you can help me,

I have a myson housewarmer 45 back boiler which has not been used over the summer, at the weekend noticed the pilot light was out which i expected so went to turn it back on and took 3 attempts then finally lit and stayed lit, turned heating on for about an hour with no problem then switched it off.
Next day go back to look and pilot gone off again so went through the motions of starting it again but refuses to stay lit once the grey push button is released.

Took it to pieces yesterday and found the end of the probe on the thermocouple has worn/burned away so went down to local plumb centre bought a new one and fitted it today still no luck the pilot refuses to stay lit.
Now the new part was not exactly identical but the chap said will do the job, the only difference between old and new part is the new one has 2 male spade connections in the middle and the original does not, threads at both ends are the same and the probe is same shape and size fits just as original.

The question is do these electical connections make any difference? if not then any ideas as why the pilot won't stay lit?

Many thanks in advance for replies
scott

Sponsored Links
you just need a standard universal thermocouple, those spade connectors go off to a thermostat.....how far have you stripped this boiler down?

Well could not get to the thermocouple with the front cover in place so undid this and all the bits connected to it so i could withdraw it out the front, it all sits on a small bracket also cleaned pilot jet out and all has gone back together well but exactly the same as before hold the grey button in for atleast 30 secs then release slowly but pilot goes out just as the button is nearly on its fully out position.
so the connection is just a thermostat take off?

Sponsored Links
You have fiited the wrong thermocouple!

It has an interrupter attached to it.

Have you tested any disturbed gas connections for tightness?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back