how 2 soundproof a breeze block wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a semi built in 70's and the adjoining wall is made of 2 breeze blocks with cavity in middle and plastered over.
When noise from neighbours tv hits wall it on there side it echos right through whole building..i think the sound is travelling in the adjoining cavity...I can hear it downstairs and upstairs front and back rooms quite loud :( I know its not their fault it justs a poorly sound insulated house :(

I was thinking at least I could soundproof the bedroom wall ..what would be the best product to use on the breeze block/plaster,also I guess I could put something in the floor joists as well..

thanx :D

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately you will be fighting a loosing battle here.

There are proprietory systems you can get for insulating walls, but the sound always finds way in through flanking walls/floors.

Sound is always best reduced at source, rather than trying to keep it out.

i know itll be difficult to stop all noise completely but hopefully at least I could reduce the noise to an acceptable level :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back