How can a March for Peace be Incompatible with a Memorial for those Killed in Wars.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If the March on Sat 11th, is for peace and a ceasefire, how can it possibly be incompatible with the memoril service for the thousands of dead soldiers killed in the numerous wars?

I get it that it's important to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice. But if we don't learn anything else, we must learn that wars and violence is never the best method to resolve conflict. Otherwise we'll be holding memorial services again and again and again for evermore. And there'll be more and more casualties of wars.
It's inconceivable that we haven't learned anything from the policy of war.

Sure there's conspiracy theories about the military spending driving capitalism, lions led by donkeys, etc, but when will we ever learn?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I think the post is an example of how it's come to this.
It was once a given respect was given for remembrance day now it's a point of discussion......and why?

Because despite the peaceful thousands, there will always be a small element who will use it to mask their own disruptive intentions.
That is an argument for any march, any day, any reason.
So we cancel all marches?

if its no big deal, why not choose another day?
Don't you think a march for peace is particularly poignant on such a day?
We should have a march for peace every 11th November.
Then maybe we'd have less need for the memorial ceremonies.

Its remembrance - pick another day.

It's like organising a march for traditional family values and strict christian beliefs in London during the pride march. Just be respectful and accept its intended to be disruptive.

Its remembrance - pick another day.

It's like organising a march for traditional family values and strict christian beliefs in London during the pride march. Just be respectful and accept its intended to be disruptive.
But what better sacrifice can those fallen have made than for peace?
If their lives were worth anything, surely it was for peace. Peace for our time, and theirs.
How can a march for peace be incompatible with a memorial service for those fallen?

It's not intended to be disruptive, it's in another part of London, and at a dfiferent time.

What about if it was a march for peace in Ukraine?

but it will be disruptive and it is offensive and disrespectful.
You're not making any sense, how can a march for a ceasefire possibly be described as offensive or disrespectful?
If those who made the ultimate sacrifice died for anything, it was for peace for our time, and theirs.

Or are you of the mind that they only died for peace for a select few, not all?
I think they would find your suggestion to be offensive.

See Bloom wants to rewrite history in they died for peace.
Of course they died for peace. Why else would anyone make the ultimate sacrifice other than to save others?
I'm sure the rallying calls at those times were "We're fighting for peace for mankind".

You're not making any sense, how can a march for a ceasefire possibly be described as offensive or disrespectful?
If those who made the ultimate sacrifice died for anything, it was for peace for our time, and theirs.

Or are you of the mind that they only died for peace for a select few, not all?
I think they would find your suggestion to be offensive.
this is your opinion. You understand others will disagree and you may not understand or accept their reasoning?

At the very least a loud protest march disrupts silent reflection and remembrance.

Sponsored Links
Back