How can i bury boiler pipes in a soild floor.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im having my boiler moved.

I need to bury the boiler pipes under my floor. Its currently old red quarry tiles layed ontop of dirt.

Its only a small downstairs toilet so im not going to dig down really deep and add insurlation ect. Just a damp course and 6" or so concreat slab and then relay the quarrys.

Im going to plumb up the flow return hot and cold and get a gas safe enginner to install the gas pipe.

Whats the best simplest but saftest way of doing this?

Id rather bury it all in the concreat. Ill make sure there arnt any joints below floor level.

Do i need to wrap the pipes in anything or is conduit a better way todo it. the pipe run needs to though 2 90 degree bends.

Any help or advice would be appreated or a nod in the right direction of products to use[/list]

Sponsored Links
Was this a stupid question? :)

Ive found a route for the cold in and hot out. Im going have them running along the wall and stud and plaster board over them. The rest are going to have to go under the floor. I cant find any conduit for pipes only for electricans in screw fix ect

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to hide the flow and return on your CH system. You want to run it under the floor.

Just use standard conduit / oval conduit and denso tape.

As you say, putting joints where you cannot see / get at them to repair is trouble waiting to happen.

It normally works fine to use soldered joints under a floor.

But you have to protect against corrosion and allow space the expand and move.

I use standard pipe insulation as long as the floor is going to be dry which means above a DPC.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Sound thanks for the help. How about the gas pipe? Arnt you ment to have access to that or can i just treat it like the rest?

Yep it will be above the damp course

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back