how can i cement the ceiling of my open fireplace?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an open corner fireplace with a multifuel stove. Is it possible to cement the ceiling. Also can anyone tell me how the round baked flue pots are connected to the wall all the way to the chimney.

Thks.

Sponsored Links
When I opened up the hole in the corner to fit a stove I was able to
look up through the concrete ceiling and see all the clay liners. I just wondered how they were all connected to the wall.

Yes its the ceiling around the bottom of the flue that I need to
cement.

Depends how big the hole is, if its not to big then use fire cement.
If its a large hole then mix some vermiculite with cement (light weight concrete) might have to fit a bit of shuttering up to hold it, until its set.

Sponsored Links
When I opened up the hole in the corner to fit a stove I was able to look up through the concrete ceiling and see all the clay liners. I just wondered how they were all connected to the wall.
What sort of stove are you fitting?

He has a multi fuel stove, already fitted.
So he does, I'm obviously not paying enough attention :rolleyes:

sirrius2 So you installed the stove! Are you aware that fitting a stove is notifyable building work, subject to several Building Regulations & Building Notice submission unless you use a registered HETAS installer? I'm a little concerned that you don’t appear to know a great deal about what your doing! Get it wrong & you could kill yourself & your family; additionally, you will invalidate your house insurance in the event of a problem with it if you cannot produce a compliance certificate.

My friend I know exactly what I am doing with regards to the stove. It was fitted 18 years ago.

My question was how do I cement the ceiling of the fireplace in which it sits. Also I was curious to know how the clay liner pots were attached to the walls.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back