How can I find out if my trees have a tpo?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a very large popular tree in the back garden, its about 30m tall and the trunk is over 2m.

I would like to build a garage down the bottom of the garden next to the tree but I dont want to call the council to ask if there is a tpo incase they try and put one on it.

Is there anyway I can find out for sure if there is a tpo on it or in the area?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Cut them down, see if you get ur collar felt. (Alternatively get them certified as sick)

Sponsored Links
How far from the house is it?

Can a garage not be built next to it? Trees should always be kept if possible, or more planted to offset the loss of anything that really needs to come out..

I had a look on the council website its not marked as a conservation area.

My house is about 40 meters away from the tree but the tree is 8 meters from the bottom of the garden.

If I build at the bottom the foundations would damage the roots.

I'm not aware of Local Authorities placing TPOs on trees just because someone asks about them, but maybe that happens.

It sounds like the tree does not have much public prominence, so it's unlikely to have a TPO, but the right thing to do is to write to the Council and ask them.

If I build at the bottom the foundations would damage the roots.

I think I'd be tempted, subject to building control approval, to just build the garage and leave the tree to its own devices. If it lives, great. If it dies, you cut it down. It's a chance of a better overall situation than outright cutting it down

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back