How can i get my bathtub shining and clean?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Should i spay or use a bleach?

20161027_202457.jpg

Sponsored Links
We used to use "Leeds soap" and very fine wet and dry paper years ago!!

Is it dull? Like a scourer's been taken over it? If so I'm afraid to say that the top coat of enamel will have worn away in places.

I've had reasonable success with a battery drill, sponge polishing pad (toolstation) and white T-Cut. Don't press too hard and keep it damp. You will get some of it back but the only real way for that mirror shine is to re-coat/re-enamel.

After all that hard work...............................................

Sponsored Links
Hey Goodone , now I have your attention...how much should a plumber of charged to fit those taps???

If you have the cash then yeah as @stardanny mentions best is to replace. If not and you want to try and DIY then Tubby .... as a DIY re-coating kit, it can work very well. The key is in the prep. Used it twice with great results.

I'd still try to polish it 1st and see how it comes up.

Is it dull? Like a scourer's been taken over it? If so I'm afraid to say that the top coat of enamel will have worn away in places.

I've had reasonable success with a battery drill, sponge polishing pad (toolstation) and white T-Cut. Don't press too hard and keep it damp. You will get some of it back but the only real way for that mirror shine is to re-coat/re-enamel.

You also get those pads supplied with very fine wet n dry paper which are good to try. Start off with the roughest paper then work your way to smoothest then go to rubbing compound then T-Cut and then polish. It's basically the same as polishing car paintwork. You can get excellent results depending on how worn the surface is.

GoodOne ... let us know how you get on ...... I'm not sure about polishing vitreous enamel:notworthy:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back