How can I take the lid off this tap?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to take the lid off the tap so i can access the screw to change a washer.

i've tried to screw it off with my hands, turned it using a towel grip and even sprayed a lil wd40 hoping it may help

any advice?

UTi0kh4.jpg

Sponsored Links
A pair of non marking grips and turn counter clockwise should free that up. You are turning the part marked blue?

Attachments

• 874154E8-3B6C-46C5-BB80-1AF3A807F344.jpeg
    874154E8-3B6C-46C5-BB80-1AF3A807F344.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 124
Run some boiling water over it, then try one of those gripper gadgets they sell for loosen tight bottle and jar tops..

A pair of non marking grips and turn counter clockwise should free that up. You are turning the part marked blue?

yeah thats the bit that i'm trying to turn. the bolt below it turns up fine but this one doesnt.

i'll have to pop into screwfix and pick a pair up i've not got anything wide enough to turn that even with a cloth to non-mark

Sponsored Links
There is no point removing it ,there is no washer below it . you unscrew the complete tap head and valve from the tap base ,via the hexagonal bit at the bottom.( closest to the spout )

Ah ok

I did the first hexagon and tried the one you are saying but nothing was happening so I thought maybe it's decorative

I'll try that one again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back