How do I add another radiator to my CH system?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to add another rad to the system. I've just changed 2 and moved them. Can I simply put a splitter on the pipes of another rad and feed of that or is it more complicated than that?

Can't remember what boiler it is, but it's new and currently has 7 rads off it.

Sponsored Links
its as simple as that try T off the concealed pipes and get flow and return the right way round ensure your boiler has enough power to take it though (BTUs)

thanks for this.

On the flow & return. How can I test which is which? (wanna now go back and ensure the rads I installed are correct)

ssshhh dont tell anyone but i wouldnt bother "i honestly always ensure they are all the same" who said that if i were schizophrenic i would talk to myself i know i will be slated for this but iv hung rads and laid pipe before and paid no heed to any of that crap i said before and they worked ok so just do it :D

Sponsored Links
ssshhh dont tell anyone but i wouldnt bother "i honestly always ensure they are all the same" who said that if i were schizophrenic i would talk to myself i know i will be slated for this but iv hung rads and laid pipe before and paid no heed to any of that crap i said before and they worked ok so just do it :D
Hence why this forum exists - to help remedy all the work that am1 has done ;)

i was expecting that "i wasnt " i was "i wasnt " hence the schizophrenia thingmajig . on a serious note i have not nor ever will do the afore mentioned thing at a clients house its been a sunday at home while wife pestering me to add extra radiators in the most random places ie dog kennel (exxagerating) whilst im tryin to watch the footy please forgive me oh god of plumbing and heating engineers i am nothing but a low life joiner

The flow pipe coming in to the rad will get hot first.

Just check that the TRV you buy is OK for flow or return and it doesn't mattter which end connects to which.

ah thanks! I didnt check the TRV but I've swapped it round on the other rad as I thought I might have it wrong. but since the rad got hot both ways, I'm assuming the TRV's I'm using are suitable for both flow & return.

Thanks again all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back