How do I add to soil pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone give any advice on how to join my 40mm bath pipe which comes out from my roof on the left to the soil pipe exiting on the right..I was thinking of a strap boss but would need 3 bends to get to the wall to join 40mm pipe.?

Attachments

• 20161107_192846.jpg
    20161107_192846.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 288
Sponsored Links
What is above the branch? a strap on boss will work, but a bossed pipe is better. It looks from the photo that the waste pipe is push fit, so different size and plastic from solvent weld.

I'm worried about the angle of the bath pipe, it would be close to the original cast iron branch coming out of the concrete roof.I can change the piping at worst to solvent weld.also the boss would have to be stuck to side sticking out as foul would run into it surely ?

As asked above... is the 4" vertical pipe connected to anything higher up or is it just the air vent?
It would be best to cut that, insert a boss connector, with a reducer to 40mm and run that back towards your bath in solvent weld pipe and fittings.
Also, why do you want to change this anyway? What's wrong with the current setup?

Sponsored Links
Yes it's just a breather pipe above but I should of put a circle around the bath pipe..its the short pipe you can just see poking out of the bottom of the roof that spills into the metal gully . . I've got to get rid as I'm converting the outhouse below into a room and it currently suffers damp from this and takes up room and is noisey when bath empties .. it was previously converted badly to a kitchen..by the previous owner, thank you for your replies

Last edited:
Oh ok, didn't see that... in that case, you'll never get that to join the branch above the roof. You'll need to drop it below and connect into the soil below the roof and then box it in.

Doh...5 inch concrete roof the branch dissappears into..going to have to solve this
Maybe boss out of the side very near to branch with a metal bracket support to the wall. Just got to watch flow and boss high enough not to hold soil..

Can't you use the hole that's already there for the hopper?
Take the basin waste over to the right and straight into the vent pipe; remove the existing hopper and drop the bath waste down through the hole and then along to the stack below the roof!

The stack pipe must go into next doors property as I've stripped our room to brick and no sign of it.

Which stack? A sketch would help me visualise what the layout is! From the 1 photo, it's very hard to get my bearings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back