Waste pipes etc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Advice please?
I’ve had a continual problem with a bath to soil stack leak

40mm Waste is running beneath floor to an internal stack and connected via a strap on boss. Despite best efforts it leaks between adapter flange and soil pipe
I’ve now damaged soil pipe and will replace the section from bathroom vertically down into kitchen and then into the ground
At the bottom of the soil is another strap boss which takes the kitchen sink and matching machine Waste. No problems at the bottom end.

Because all bath Waste pipes in bathroom are below floor I’m limited for where I can connect to soil to maintain a decent fall.

Therefore I’m concerned if I replace like for like with anothe strap boss I may end up with a similar issue in the future

My question is could I run 40mm Waste down alongside soil pipe inside and tee into 40mm kitchen Waste ?
Or would that give a different problem back through kitchen/washing machine waste?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Cheers for reply

I’ll measure up etc
The position of the connection is important above ceiling is important obviously for the fall
I can try and use boss as suggested but it has to connect directly to the branch above for the toilet. This in turn puts the boss connection in a fixed height.
That was why I used a strap on as I could position the 40mm connection at correct height

I must admit I’d rather use the boss connector you’ve suggested as the only possible leak then is the rubber adapter itself

One way or another it’ll be done today

Cheers

My question is could I run 40mm Waste down alongside soil pipe inside and tee into 40mm kitchen Waste ?
No because stack/vertical pipes must be 50mm
You could take it down in 50mm then into the stack as 50mm, and connect the 40mm washing machine into thet. But it seems a bit overkill 2 stacks in parallel unless there's no other option.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back