how do i cleaning multi-fuel boiler airways

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
i've an old trianco multi-fuel boiler that i burn wood in, to heat a pool
the boiler sits over the fire box (not like a stove where its a jacket)
there are about 7 slots in the boiler to allow the hot gases to heat the water and then go out via the flue (bit like a steam train boiler)
the tool that trianco supply is like a block 1/2" wide by 3" long and about 2" deep (bit like a packet of 10 cigerettes)
it does not clean it very well and rips my hand to pieces as its hard to get it in and out
anyone got any suggests on another way of cleaning these tubes
thanks

Sponsored Links
You must only burn seasoned wood mate, but if you burn some smokeless coal for a wee while it'll break down most of the carbon & cr.p from your flueways.

I would also check your chimney/flue system, if it's caked with that crud, you could have a chimney fire on your hands!!
HTH

Sponsored Links
It is probably worth trying a tube or two of expel C with your next burn of coal.
It works with oil boilers that are heavily soiled, but you may have to get the fire going really well before throwing them in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back