How do I find a good but cheap landscape gardener?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there an association or trade body which governs this trade?

I know this is a DIY forum but if I was to do the job myself I wouldn't have a useable garden again this summer, plus I'd be a bit out of my depth.

I live on the London/Essex border and I require some decking, a spot of turfing, concreting 3 small brick built planters and some electric wiring done ... any tips?

K

Sponsored Links
yes, you need an electrician, bricklayer, and gardener.

I am being serious, i cant speak for the bricks, electrical work by a company should only be carried out by a qualified electrician

A good landscape gardener can normally do brickwork and others work apart from electrical as breezer post.

go to vetted.com for a list of recommended trades people in your area - superb site :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I hate to say it, but good and cheap don't necessarily go together.

dagger said:
go to vetted.com for a list of recommended trades people in your area - superb site :LOL:

Hmm, no one in West Yorkshire is on their register, strange, I know quite a few excellent workmen/firms. Know from naff ones as well! :evil: :evil:

Dragonrider said:
dagger said:

Hmm, no one in West Yorkshire is on their register, strange, I know quite a few excellent workmen/firms. Know from naff ones as well! :evil: :evil:

well I think it works based on people writing in with recommendations - mayube you can start West Yorkshire off for them then :)

there is a trade organisation, it is called BALI (British Association of Landscape Industries). they can be found at www.bali.org.uk and you can search for a local tradesman. They have people that will do all sizes of work from £10 up to £millions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back