How do I finish this internal angle on uPVC windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had new windows fitted and this bit of upvc between the bay windows doesn't have a great finish on it. Looks about 100mm wide, and just fills the gap between the windows, but the silicone is splitting already. Is there a better way to finish this? Something that flexes down the middle? Or use two pieces? The internal angle looks to be about 135/150. Behind this bit that is here currently in the timber the windows are fixed to and the expanding foam.

1000015970.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hang on
.. there is still timber fitted behind that ? Why? Normally on a upvc bay window you'd get a post with appropriate covers

Silicone failing is nothing unusual. Replace with hybrid polymer sealant after cleaning and degreasing..
Is that like a CT1 sealant/adhesive? Strip this stuff off, clean and replace?

Is that like a CT1 sealant/adhesive? Strip this stuff off, clean and replace?
Last I checked, the cheapest hybrid polymer was wickes' own brand. I used it to fix roofs, seemed to work so far. Prices change and my experience may no longer be relevant. So, go find your own deal. Yes, CT1 is a hybrid polymer.

Last edited:
Timber was fixed to the mullions, then the windows fixed to the timber.
Why did they not use the metal poles etc that come with bay windows when you order them? They even do a ' variable ' baypole with round covers. Seems odd to put wood back in

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back