How Do I Fix My Shower Head?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
follow-up (ish) to this thread
https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/how-do-i-replace-a-shower-diverter-valve.515402/

my shower head just came off! :(
shower.jpg

the silver plastic collar just disintegrated, not quite the Grohe quality i expected :-/
So, can i get a replacement? done a quick google but all i see is the heads themselves, maybe i'm using the wrong term? are they a generic thing or would i need a specific Grohe one?
i've unscrewed the shower from the tap fixture, can't get the collars off though, that white thing on the hose blocks it - i assume if i can get a replacement collar/sleeve/whatever that there's a trick to removing/replacing the white thing?
i'd try Grohe, but they never replied to my previous mails :unsure:

TIA

Sponsored Links
thanks. are hoses pretty much a standard fitting? pipe seems to be 20mm wide, if I measured it correctly. had a quick look at one on Amazon but the diagram said "G 1/2" :-/

cheers

thanks. are hoses pretty much a standard fitting? pipe seems to be 20mm wide, if I measured it correctly. had a quick look at one on Amazon but the diagram said "G 1/2" :-/

cheers

Plumbcentre stock them. Take along your shower head and old hose to ensure a match..

Sponsored Links
Did the hose have Grohe stamped on the hose or collar somewhere? If not then it may not be a Grohe hose.

The only thing I would add is that the grohe hose may have a larger diameter internal hose than some of the cheaper brands. That then may alter the output from the shower head.

thanks for the replies :)

far as I know the hose doesn't have Grohe stamped on, but all the other bathroom kit does, i'll have another check. there's a Plumb Centre (or Wolseley as they now seem to be called) near me so trotting up w/ the shower seems a good idea, hope their prices are decent!

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back