How do I get top off an old Danfoss thermostatic valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to check whether the pin is stuck on old Danfoss thermostatic valve ( no model number on it just Danfoss Thermostatic) . There is a lug on the black knurled ring at the bottom of the valve housing with a very small Allen screw which I have loosened off and tried unscrewing top but nothing moves. Am I missing a trick here?
On top of the valve there is a central black portion which is also knurled so I am assuming this might have something to do with removing head.
Can anyone help?
I tried uploading a picture of valce concerned with no success, how would I do this?

Sponsored Links
Take the allen screw out completely. Wiggle it like mad and pull it off. They can be tight sometimes.

Sponsored Links
Hopefully here is a picture of the valve concerned. Does this make any difference to the adv
20160222_145525.jpg
ice already given?

sorry my advice was wrong. I was thinking of a different valve. the first post was correct

Got the top off with a good wiggle after removing Allen screw and sure enough pin was stuck down. With a little bit of judiciuous tapping up it came and rad is now warm and toastie.
Thanks for all advice given.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back