Removing danfoss radiator thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How can I remove the thermostat unit to get to the pin which I think is sticking?
i have an old central heating system and the Danfoss valves were fitted at the same time.
Unlike more recent thermostats there does not appear to be a cap which needs to be unscrewed to allow the thermostat to be withdrawn.
Does it simply need to be pulled off? I have tried but without success.
There is a small hole on top of the valve but there is no screw inside which could secure the unit. Is this part relevant?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
ambercelery said:
How can I remove the thermostat unit to get to the pin which I think is sticking?
i have an old central heating system and the Danfoss valves were fitted at the same time.
Unlike more recent thermostats there does not appear to be a cap which needs to be unscrewed to allow the thermostat to be withdrawn.
Does it simply need to be pulled off? I have tried but without success.
There is a small hole on top of the valve but there is no screw inside which could secure the unit. Is this part relevant?
Thanks
You need to find a small allen key which will fit inside the small hole on top of the valve. There is a small metal thread inside which can then be unscrewed to enable the larger screw cap to be unscrewed.
The thermostat unit can then be pulled off giving access to a small metal pin. A spray of WD40 and the pin can then be pushed in and out several times. I tried this on all the radiators and they have worked very well since.
Regards, denb

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back