How do I remove this beading?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace this pane of glass, and was wondering how to remove the bead, so I can get the old one out. Is this one of the ones that I have to remove the black seal-strip first?

4271785794_ee74488fec_o.jpg

Many thanks
Guy

Sponsored Links
Can you get a clearer photo, better light and focus would be good. But looking at that rubber it looks like firtree so its not one that comes out first although is removeable once the bead is removed. I see a dark line in the pic, is this the bead/frame join???

Yes, the dark line is the join between the bead and the frame - my missus just sent me the photo from her phone, so I can post a better one this evening.

Is it just a case of putting a wallpaper scraper in-between the bead and frame and prising it up? I tried it with a screwdriver, but it just deformed the bead without releasing it - fortunately it went back to the right shape eventually. I was putting a fair bit of force into it...

thanks
Guy

Sponsored Links
Yes but try something like a putty knife or a filling knife, 2" wide max, hammer it in and lever up, maybe try a few knives at the same time.

As for the rubber you could try to ease it out but i dare say it'll start to rip so do so at your own peril

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back