How do I repressurise my combi boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have moved into a new property and the boiler has stopped working (Ariston Eurocombi SX20). Pressure gauge reads 0 bar, so system obviously needs repressurising. But I can't work out how to do this. There is not, e.g., a filling loop with a valve beneath the boiler, like I've seen in the past. Where else might this be located? Could it have been removed, and if so how would I refit it? Any suggestions gratefully received!
Robert

Sponsored Links
Hi Robert'
As you know water has to be transferred from the cold water mains into the boiler to pressurise it.
You need to find a valve on the cold water mains which has a screw thread to match the thread on the loop.
Also you need to find another similar screw thread connected to a spring operated valve so once you have reached the desired pressure it will hold it.
The loop itself is just a plastic pipe covered in braid with a hand operated connector either end, which is normally removed to prevent unwanted tampering.
I can't see any other way so I would think the valve must be there somewhere. Perhaps you need to remove the boiler cover, I wouldn't think a permanent loop had been fitted.
Isuppose you could contact the boiler manufacturer for advice
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back