How Do I Save Things In PDF Format?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I saved a letter that I had typed up on Openoffice Writer onto my memory stick. I gave the stick to someone to print the letter, but they couldn't open it as it was in .odt format.

He suggested that I save it in pdf format. On my computer (Acer Aspire + XP) when I click on 'SAVE AS', pdf isn't one of the options on the list.

I know very little about computers. How can I get pdf on my computer? Are there any downloads (hopefully free) available?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
If you save it as .rtf any word processor will be able to open it.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Yes I have rtf.

I had a look at getting pdf from Sourceforge as Mr Humbug suggested. When I visited the site the following warning was on the top of my screen - 'Your browser isn't supported, some things might not work as expected. Please upgrade to a newer version of IE, or to Firefox'.

Help! What do i do? Should I get a pdf download from elsewhere?

Sponsored Links
I have tried saving the letter in rtf, but it distorts the layout. It breaks up the lines of text and spreads it right across the whole page.

I have Adobe 7.0, but it won't convert anything to pdf unless I pay $9.99 a month!
Would the Adobe 9.2 on your link be any better? Do I need to delete my Adobe 7.0 programme if I want the later version or will it automatically convert it to 9.2?

Thanks for your patience.

I know that, but Stivino doesn't. or he was not reading what you actually typed

try here

When I visited the site the following warning was on the top of my screen - 'Your browser isn't supported, some things might not work as expected. Please upgrade to a newer version of IE, or to Firefox'.

If the site will display then you shouldn't have any problem downloading the installer.

What browser are you using anyway? If it's IE 6.0 consider upgrading.

Also I strongly recommend you upgrade from Adobe Reader 7.0 to 9.1. There are exploitable vulnerabilities in the earlier versions that Adobe hasn't and won't be patching.

try www.freepdf.com

it's free and acts as a printer but turns what you print into a PDF

INstall the whole suite for complete PDF abilities.
I have used it for years & it's excellent.

Sponsored Links
Back