How Do I Save Things In PDF Format?

Many thanks for the replies so far. I have installed free Primopdf, and have been able to convert my file successfully to pdf format.

Mrhumbug says that I should upgrade my Internet Explorer if it is 6.0 which I believe it is. How do I tell if its 6.0? Are free upgrades available?

Same for upgrading Adobe from 7.0 to 9.1. If I visit the Adobe site, can I convert my 7.0 to 9.1 or do I have to uninstall the old version first?

Sponsored Links
Old post I know, but as OP was using Open Office he could have just exported the file as PDF in the first place...
Help is usually a good place to look. :D

WS66 the person who told you to save it as a pdf file probably has MS Word 2007. That has a facility to allow to to select 'save as a pdf'.

Sponsored Links
Yeah. I have a later ed. of Word on my new PC & it allows to save as pdf.
Wonder if the OP has looked into that?

I saved a letter that I had typed up on Openoffice Writer onto my memory stick. I gave the stick to someone to print the letter, but they couldn't open it as it was in .odt format.

He suggested that I save it in pdf format. On my computer (Acer Aspire + XP) when I click on 'SAVE AS', pdf isn't one of the options on the list.

I know very little about computers. How can I get pdf on my computer? Are there any downloads (hopefully free) available?

Many thanks

What kind of Version from Open Office do you have?
In the newer (Vers. 3.0) cou can save your File to PDF.
You should look to the point: "Export as PDF"
I always save my files, written by Open Office Writer as PDF-Files.

Several posters have suggested upgrading Adobe Reader. A word of caution. If you are running a version of Windows prior to XP, with a low-spec graphics adapter, then the later versions of reader, which seem to require 32-bit colour, may not display properly. I have had to retain Adobe 7 at work for use when creating a Windows 2000 Terminal Services session. Apart from that, the suggestions to install one of the free PDF creators are spot-on. I use CutePDF, and (touch wood) it works flawlessly.

Sponsored Links
Back