how do i secure solid glass panel to shower base

djd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have bought a glass panel so i can have a walk in shower however it slots into the wall channel and is fixed at the top by steel bracket ,what is the best way to secure it at base level as it can be easily pushed off shwer base.

Sponsored Links
Tape it on the inside of the glass at tray point to hold it centred on the raised lip of the tray. Then good quality, anti mold, clear silicone bead on the outside. Let that set, remove tape then back fill the other side just in the glass to tray gap, no more, if too much it can eventually trap water and discolour.

Remember it's not designed to be leaned on anyway, if that's what you wanted then it needs to be a fully framed screen.

Sponsored Links
My shower glass came with a 'U' channel to slide the glass into. This channel was siliconed down to the shower base.
I did buy from here so that I could fit a 'U' channel down the exposed, free edge, because although it looked minimalistic it was difficult to relate to the edge and to therefore avoid bumping into it.

http://www.shower-glass.co.uk/u-channel/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back