showerscreen gap, water getting through

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey guys, Need a little assistance. i bought a walk in shower screen and base online. how ever the base on all corners is level and walls are level, but theres a small gap from the glass panel and the base letting water pass through. the glass sits on top of the base how ever there is no rubber seal between the glass and the base. is there anything a can do to stop water passing through the small void. Was thinking os using silicon but may take the look away :(

Sponsored Links
If the fitting is complete, i.e not devoid of any sealing strips, maybe the glass was meant to be bedded down on a bead of clear silicone?
No way would it seal without it!
John :)

no i checked the instructions does not mention anything. just shows that it the glass sits on the the stone base :( no idea how to sort this

Fitted a few like this that are not supplied with a sealing strip, i nice neat bead of clear silicone is the only answer.

Sponsored Links
thats a pitty, i thought i maybe could use a little seal and amputate it to suit lol, wanted to avoid silicon :(

I can't see how this would work any other way.....unless the glass was so positioned so that any splash would drip down inside the tray, rather than on the edge.
John :)

my thoughts aswell john, only noticed it when i started to fit it. it asked to install the screen 15mm from the edge of the base.

clear silicone will look good, unless you have sausage fingers then dont bother.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back